If you are considering selling your property there are a number of simple things you can do as the owner to add value and obtain the best price possible. The preparation put into getting your property ready for sale can be the difference between getting a standard price as opposed to a great price and will most likely be simple, quick and inexpensive to do.
When working on your behalf your real estate agent will use a number of different marketing strategies to attract potential buyers. The majority of these strategies will require capturing high quality interior and exterior images to be used throughout the marketing campaign. These images will be viewed via the internet, in the paper, on window cards and brochures by prospective buyers who will immediately form impressions.
The sale process will also require agents to show prospective clients through your home or conduct ‘open inspections’ which will require your property to be presented in the best possible way.
If you are considering placing your home on the market we have put together some simple, basic suggestions to help you strive to reach an optimum price and will happily assist you with advise and suitable trades where necessary.
- Take time to evaluate the exterior of your property and view if from a prospective buyers eyes.
- Ensure lawns are mowed and gardens are neat and tidy, a bit of colour goes a long way
- Toys, bikes, balls etc. are stored away
- Rubbish bins are stored away appropriately and odourless
- Entrances to the home are inviting and free from clutter, leaves and cobwebs
- Present rooms so they are inviting, light and fresh and not cluttered
- Ensure beds are made and clothes are stored away
- Windows and curtains are open, lights are on (replace any globes not working)
- Ensure kitchen benches are clean and tidy and clear of unnecessary items
- Ensure bathroom screens/curtains are clean/new and there are fresh towels
A small amount of time and energy will make a considerable difference to the visual presentation of your property. It’s really up to you from this point onwards!
We are here to help in any way we can, so all you have to do is ask.